Thank you to the many Austinites that shared their feedback with us in May during the Waller Creek Conversations! Our future Waller Creeks Parks will be a reflection of our entire community, so we value your thoughts and comments.
Our presentation focused on design updates for the Waller Creek district, including Waterloo Park, the Moody Amphitheater, and a first look at the Waller Delta. During an interactive activity, attendees shared their input on trails, playscapes, and lighting for the parks.
After two open houses and an online survey, we heard from nearly 200 people. A few key themes came up consistently and stood out:
- History – Interest in incorporating local history throughout parks district, including Palm School at Palm Park.
- Parking/Access – Concerns about east-west connections, transit access, and accessible parking locations.
- Arts & Culture – Desire for public art by local artist and cultural preservation.
- Wildlife – Desire to preserve and maintain existing ecosystem.
- Safety – Interest in reliable lighting options, safety features, secure restroom facilities, signage, and coordination with resources for people experiencing homelessness.
This valuable feedback will be shared with our partners at the City of Austin and with the design team so that it can be incorporated into the future of Waller Creek. For more details, check out the full feedback report.
Questions? Contact Melissa Ayala, Community Engagement Manager at 512-541-3520 or email@example.com.
Interested in getting a Waller Creek update for your neighborhood association or group? Request a briefing.
Photos by Aisha Seay, Bold Photography.