The 11-acre Waterloo Park is a beautiful location for your next photo shoot. Please review our photography guidelines before visiting the park to ensure the protection of our greenspace and the safety of all visitors. Waterloo Park is a City of Austin public park and photography permits allow our team to manage a comfortable experience for all guests and in accordance with year-round community programming and special events.
Personal Photography/Video Guidelines
A permit is not required for personal photography.
Examples include but are not limited to:
• Family photos
• Pet photos
• Graduation photos
• Birthday photos
Personal photo/video cannot obstruct any park areas or restrict access to public facilities. Please note, Waterloo Park is an active space with regular special events and concerts, view upcoming events ahead of your visit. No additional fees apply.
Please respect Waterloo Greenway visitors and help us protect all trees, plants, grass, and structures during your visit.
Commercial & Professional Photography/Video Guidelines
A permit is required for all commercial/professional photo & video shoots.
In order to photograph or film at Waterloo Greenway, you must first submit a completed permit application. Applications must be submitted 2-3 business days prior to the requested date.
Fees are determined by the information indicated on the application; prices will not be provided via phone or email. Upon receipt of your application, you will be notified of the permit fee and arrangements for payment. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with a Waterloo Park photography permit. Upon arrival at Waterloo Park, Park Ambassadors will ask for proof of a photography permit on the day of your photoshoot. Commercial photography conducted without a permit will be asked to leave Waterloo Park.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Photographs that are sold for publication in print or online (including social media platforms), feature or commercial film for which tickets are sold, or video being used in corporate training films).
• When the photography, film, or video requires exclusive use of any area of Waterloo Greenway. Examples include, but are not limited to, shoots in which you do not wish for members of the general public to appear in photos or videos (Please note that permit fees for restricted use would be determined by the scale of the shoot (i.e. area requested and number of participants).
Photography Permits will require:
• A Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with coverages of $1,000,000 aggregate and $500,000 each occurrence (naming Waterloo Greenway Conservancy and the City of Austin as additional insureds) must be received prior to the shoot.
• A map of Waterloo Greenway indicating details of the shoot.
• A damage deposit to be until after a post-shoot evaluation of the site. (Deposit is $25.00 to $2,500 depending on the proposed use of the site, site condition, and scale of the shoot).
• A permit does not authorize photography/videography of park patrons.
• Photography/videography of children age 14 or younger without parental consent, this includes the playground areas.
• Photography/videography of park patrons without their consent, this includes all fitness classes.
• Filming/Photography in landscaping/garden areas.
• Photographer/videographer MUST have written consent, prior to photographing or recording. Also, please note that any professional or amateur photographer must have the consent of the parent/legal guardian of a minor child, age 14 or younger, prior to photographing a child.
Drones are prohibited at Waterloo Greenway without a permit specifically approved by Waterloo Greenway Conservancy Staff. Drone permits may require space rental and will require a certificate of commercial general liability coverage that meets Waterloo Greenway requirements. If you are seeking a permit for drone photography, please upload your FAA certification and certificate of insurance with this application. Please note, All FAA procedures, policies and guidelines apply. Drone applications must be submitted by certificated remote pilots, including commercial operators. Recreational use is prohibited.
Single photographer (non-commercial use):
$15 per day (price may increase depending on the details, time and location of the shoot)
Photography Team (2+) (non-commercial use):
$50 per hour (price may increase depending on the details, time and location of the shoot)
Commercial, Television, and Film Shoots:
Fees available upon request. For estimate, please submit a fully complete permit application below.
Waterloo Greenway reserves the right to modify the quoted fees for use of locations that impose greater restrictions on the public’s enjoyment of the park or greater logistical coordination requirements on our staff.
Photography Permit Application
By submitting this form, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
I have read and agreed to Waterloo Greenway’s Photo & Video Guidelines and the Requirements above. I accept responsibility as outlined. I understand that Waterloo Greenway Conservancy, the City of Austin, and Downtown Austin Alliance will be held harmless for actions arising out of the use of the park’s premises. I also understand that no refunds will be issued, and that I will be responsible for any damages that may occur. Photos/video footage taken at or near any of the art installations in the park will require permission from the artist prior to use on any commercial or professional websites/ads.