Searching for the perfect event venue? Welcome to Waterloo Greenway.
An event set in the living, breathing backdrop of Waterloo Greenway redefines the meaning of special. A meeting becomes memorable and a soiree turns into a story told over and over again. Because whether your guests are under a shimmering swath of stars or inside an artfully revived historic building, they’re always in the perfect place — in the heart of downtown Austin.
Rental proceeds support our growing parks and programs.
In the center of Austin’s Red River Cultural District, just blocks from the Texas State Capitol, Symphony Square is a remarkable events complex that feels like a world apart. Nestled alongside Waller Creek, it welcomes your guests into two newly renovated buildings – the Pavilion and the New Orleans Club – and an open-sky amphitheater. From company parties and private occasions to team-building meetings and fundraisers, any event held here is a truly extraordinary one.
- Indoor/outdoor audio and visual capabilities
- 3,500-square-foot wooden deck connecting all event spaces
- Accessible entrance lift to Symphony Square
- Space available Monday – Friday after 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Waterloo Greenway Conservancy offices located in the square aren’t open to the public
- Open to any licensed catering and alcohol provider
Never has an indoor meeting and event space felt so much like an open-air haven. Natural daylight and the evening’s rich atmosphere pour into the recently renovated Pavilion through floor-to-ceiling glass panels. A beautifully restored wooden bar stretches across the back of this flexible space, and an expanse of built-in mirrors adds yet another layer of brightness to your moments of creation, celebration, or pure relaxation.
- Capacity: 65
- Square feet: 2,698
- Indoor/outdoor audio and visual capabilities, with the ability to sync with the New Orleans Club
- Large prep kitchen
- Wooden bar
- Four restrooms
The minute your guests pull open the glass-front double doors to the intimate New Orleans Club, they’ll feel the pulse of Austin’s urban past. Originally built in the 1870s, this unique, limestone-walled space was once a popular East Austin music venue in the ‘50s and ‘60s. Today, fully revitalized with restored wood floors and large windows, it’s an ideal spot for gatherings that want to make their own kind of history.
- Capacity: 35
- Square feet: 1,076
- Full indoor audio/visual capabilities
- Wooden bar
- Two restrooms
- Small event storage room
At the open-air amphitheater carved gently into the bank of Waller Creek, sound soars between the limestone benches and surrounds your guests in the moment. Opened in 1978, it remains the city’s only venue where performers take the stage by footbridge. No matter what type of event you hold here, it will be that much more marvelous when it’s reflected by the water and wrapped in big sky.
- Capacity: 350
- Bring the audio/visual equipment of your choice
- Must be rented in conjunction with the Pavilion or the New Orleans Club, where restrooms are available