Translated from the Japanese word “house,” the original Uchi is located in a refurbished South Austin bungalow. Award-winning Chef Tyson Cole’s signature non-traditional take on Japanese food has delighted Austin’s diverse dining crowd as well as visitors from across the country and around the world since 2003.
- Sweet and spicy lotus root chips with edamame jalapeno hummus
- Sunomono with cucumber, kohlrabi, pickled strawberries and sesame dressing
- Soy marinated acorn squash and bean sprouts
- Ajitzuke tamago – marinated egg and sticky rice
- Negi toro temaki with salsa macha and a burnt onion zu
- Red miso and coconut macaroon